I’ve been building software for over twenty years at blue chips and startups. I've led efforts in product design, direction, and positioning; software engineering and architecture; and hiring product teams.
I’m best known as co-founder of Dribbble, a social network where designers share work, build a following, find inspiration, and get hired. It’s arguably the design industry’s most influential community, featuring premier jobs, top teams, and global meetups. I bootstrapped Dribbble with my friend Dan and led product design and development for eight years until we sold the company in 2017.
I live on Boston’s North Shore in Salem, Massachusetts with my supastah wife, Susanna, and our two obstreperous delightfully irreverent children. I’m passionate about puns, podcasts, local development, investing and connections, bootstrapped startups, and basketball. Occasionally, I dunk.
Interviews & Talks
- 2016.10.04 CodePen Radio Dribbble podcast
- 2015.06.23 InVision Inside Design: Dribbble article
- 2015.06.09 DNSimple Rich Thornett on Bootstrapping Dribbble article
- 2015.03.19 Refresh Boston 1 on 1 with Rich Thornett Watertown event
- 2014.12.10 General Assembly Fireside Chat with Dribbble Founders Boston event
- 2014.03.23 Thoughtbot: Giant Robots Not Ruining Design (Rich Thornett) podcast
- 2013.08.04 Bubble Conf Interview with Dan Cederholm & Rich Thornett Amsterdam event
- 2013.06.19 Fresh Tilled Soil Dribbble Founders Q&A Watertown event
- 2013.05.14 HUGE Evolving Design Communities Brooklyn event
- 2012.07.23 One Minute With Rich Thornett article
- 2012.06.08 ValioCon In the Pink: A Labor of Love San Diego event
- 2011.11.10 The Changelog: Founders Talk Dan Cederholm and Rich Thornett–Dribbble podcast
- 2011.08.04 Creative Bloq Rich Thornett on Dribbble article
- 2011.06.07 DIBI Conf MongoDB: Using NoSQL with YoSQL Newcastle upon Tyne event
- 2010.10.09 Ruby on Rails Podcast Dribbble: Dan Cederholm and Rich Thornett podcast